I. Opening Prayer: Our father in Heaven, we thank you for the blessing of children. Help us to see them as gifts from You, that we may accept our responsibility to train them for You. Bless all our children that they may grow in faith and love and serve you all their days. Bless the teachers in our school. Bless our homes and be with each of us so that all we do or say will be a blessing to the children and will glorify you. In Christ Jesus we pray, Amen.
II. Old Business: A. We are continuing to look for PTL Board members. Please contact Heather in the school office 920-261-2579 if you are interested in serving OR would like to simply organize one event!
C. Upcoming Events 1. Christmas Store, Dec. 7-8: A big THANK YOU to Mrs. Charlene Tegtmeier who has volunteered to again organize and run our students' Christmas Store. Please contact Charlene directly if you are able to help with this event.
2. It's never too early to start thinking about the "Soup"er Bowl coming up on Feb. 11th. With the cold weather now setting in, it's time to dig out those soup recipes! Set the good ones aside and start dreaming the title of "Best Overall Soup"!
D. Ongoing Fundraising- Keep those boxtops coming! And, don't forget about Smile.Amazon, Shoparoo, and Scrip for your regular expenses. There just nothing like getting FREE money! See below for details.
1. Smile.Amazon.com- If you are an Amazon.com shopper, please sign into Amazon at smile.amazon.com. Once there you will be prompted to choose a charity. Type in "Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Watertown" and find our school. This will link your account with us so that the school is able to receive a percentage money off your purchases. Double your donation to our school by using an Amazon gift certificate purchased through our SCRIP program (see below). Just more easy ways to help our school earn FREE money!
2. Scrip- Purchase giftcards either through GSLS and a percentage of each purchase goes to both your student's tuition and the school -Order forms are in school office and fellowship hall -Order online- http://Shopwithscrip.com Enrollment code: F6ABD7AE8415 -Contact Heather McGuire at the school office with any questions
3. Boxtops/ Milk Caps-Keep saving those Box Tops, and milk caps. Collection bins are located in the church narthex and the preschool hallway for all three. These programs provides our school with over $2000 annually in free money and/or product. Please contact Amy Bilgrien with any questions on the Box Tops for Education, or Erin Schmidt on the milk caps.
4. Shoparoo is a free mobile app that lets you earn cash donations for any school you choose, just by taking pictures of your shopping receipts. It's that easy and just takes a few seconds. The best part is that it doesn't matter where you shop or what you buy - every receipt counts! Plus, if you use this referral code, we'll both earn extra donations for your first qualifying receipt: crank985 Join us in fundraising today! Download the free app here: https://app.shoparoo.com/r/crank985
5. Fundraising Committees: If you would like to be part of a fundraising committee please read the committee guidelines: ptl_committee_guidelines.docx